Thursday, April 14, 2005

I Had A Farm In Africa...

It's a fine line between genius and a forty-four-foot dropoff. Picture this...

You're in a theater. Cue the majestic music. Scenes of Africa seen from the air sweep along with the music. It's beautiful. It's grand...

The smooth voice of Meryl Streeps rolls out... "I had a farm in Africa..."

...

...

...

...

People start shifting uncomfortably in their seats.

...

...

Someone coughs...

...

"Yeah...you had a fucking farm!" someone finally yells. "Then what?!"

"What?! Huh?" says the somewhat befuddled voice of Meryl Streep. "Oh yeah. I had a farm in Africa... Um, it was pretty cool I guess. Sorry, I don't really remember what I was going to tell you..."

Don't think there would have been many Oscar nods that year.

So, anyway... I was driving down the road today. Cue the rockin' music... Picture scenes of Wisconsin farms blurring by...

Hear my majestic voice saying, "I had a thought today..."

...

...

...

...

God that sucks... it was going to be a great entry too...

0 comments: