Wednesday, March 29, 2006

If you like music

Like music? Think you know a lot about it? Be prepared to learn different. My friend Eileen has been making her way through all the albums on her iPod, Declan, and reviewing them. If you know her, you know that's a lot of albums. No really...it's a lot.

She's going by alphabetically by album. It's been a trek and it's still the beginning of the journey. To be honest, I sort of thought that this was one of those grand plans that we all love to make and never quite find the energy to see through. But, like the Energizer bunny, she just keeps plugging away.

Anyway, the reviews are pretty darn good. They've got a great mix of talking about the quality of the music itself and talking about what it all means to her. I've particularly liked reading the Elvis Costello and Billy Bragg album reviews because I know Eileen and know how big a part of her musical life they play. There have been a lot of surprises too...and it's always cool when a long-time friend surprises you.

Be forewarned that she does have an over abundance of whiney, British boy bands loaded onto Declan...but even those can be sort of fun to hear about.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, this sounds awesome!! Definitely going to check it out.

Eileen said...

Aww, that's sweet! I have been a little lazy lately but that always happens when I start a new letter. I promise a new one tonight, though.

I have to say, I'm glad you like the reviews because sometimes I feel like nobody's reading this stuff anyway. You're also not the first person to think I would have given up by now. You misunderestimate me, cowboy!