Monday, March 27, 2006

Johnny, Sarah and the DEA

Johnny Cash played on the jukebox...he really shouldn't have taken those shots of cocaine. By now he should know that kind of tomfoolery will only lead to shooting your woman, going on the lam, and finally getting caught down in Juarez, Mexico.

Sarah kept a constant stream of alcohol flowing, garnished nicely with a sweet touch of flirtation. Libation with flirtation, as it were. She won't run off to Paris with me yet, but the Bahamas is a sure bet. I'm okay with the Bahamas.

Gary finally dragged out of the bar. A shining example of endurance drinking training gone awry.

Down at the end of the bar a couple of DEA agents drank steadily...and then unsteadily.

It just seemed like a perfect cycle kind of thing to join the DEA agents and drink with the two heroes, or was that heels? After all the night did start with Johnny singing about cocaine. Don't worry, I was the picture of politeness, but I don't feel any more goodness and light toward lawmen now than I did before.

One of the guys did redeem himself, sort of, by saying that he did believe that police and law enforcement guys should be held to a higher standard. His partner hemmed and hawed and essentially blamed the media for giving law enforcement a bad rap. So, it was a wash. I'm pretty sure the hem and hawer will be the guy to get promoted up the ladder. He's also the one that thought using TASERs would be cool. His partner, who had actually been TASERed, didn't feel the same way. Funny how that works.

Anyway, that was my Sunday night - Johnny Cash, flirting with Sarah and drinking with the DEA.

10 comments:

tshsmom said...

OK, let me get this straight. The bottom line is...you'll drink with anybody. ;)

Shawn said...

Remarkably, I don't really like to, but I guess I will when it comes down to it. Mixing things up a bit can certainly be fun.

I'm always amazed at what people will tell me. These guys weren't really supposed to tell me anything about their work and yet they did. Weird.

Any new BS boinking the DW updates? I'm telling you...people are amusing sometimes.

kris said...

I'm just glad you didn't run off to the Bahamas with the DEA agents. Although it would also have made for some interesting blogging. ;)

Shawn said...

Kris - I just wish that one of them was really tall and the other was a midget...that would make for awesome blogging. Unfortunately, even if that was the case, everyone would think I was just ripping off your Sunday night drinking story. Ah well, I just have to work with what I've got.

143 said...

I watched SNL reruns and contemplated the tragedy of a life wasted.

You win.

Laura said...

Paris would be way more fun than the Bahamas. Another few drinks to convince her?

tshsmom said...

Nah, they're behaving this week, so far. Momma's on the way home, so I guess they're cleaning up their acts.
Stupid people ARE amusing. Irresponsible people are frustrating!

thephoenixnyc said...

Its ALWAYS The media.

The Zombieslayer said...

Scary. The DEA always gave me the creeps.

No, I don't do illegal drugs (just alcohol and the occasional cigarette), but they still give me the creeps.

Shawn said...

PNY - Well, it's gotta be...right...who else is there to blame?

ZSlayer - If these guys were any indication...getting the creeps from them would be a normal response. I honestly wouldn't let them babysit my nephews, or my kids if I had any.

Glad you enjoyed The Donald the other night. Sounds like an interesting time.