Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Gettin' my ogle on...

I was all set to post about my peppy late afternoon... which was spent in my happy place (the mall) with two of my favorite things (pretty girls and books). I was in the neighborhood, so I stopped at Barnes and Noble and browsed the bookage for a while then headed into the mall.

Let's just say, some days are better than others and today was one of the better days. I wandered around with a big grin and nearly walked into several walls. I had my ogle on and life was ogletastic! I was rewarded with smiles in return and the Starbucks dude even hooked me up with a tasty triple grande mocha. In short, I was walking on Grade-A, high-octane sunshine...

That was then.

Now I feel like I went to Mexico and drank the water (and I have the trips to the bathroom to prove it). Oh how quickly we fall!

So, anyway here's a couple quick thoughts:

* Rain can feel pretty cool on your hand when you hold it (your hand that is) out the window while driving down the freeway.

* That same rain can sting like a son of a gun when the drops get big and hit your forearm...

* If you want to read some excellent writing, check out Waiter Rant at his old address, or his new address and also check out Laurie's blog. The Waiter is sometimes funny, sometimes thought provoking and always worth the time. Laurie manages to catch special moments and express them in a unusually poignant way. It just goes to show that the guy bringing your lunch or the girl cashing your check might just be artists at heart.

4 comments:

Miranda said...

*drags in a huge water filter*
Here's hoping your day gets all happy again. I think I must have caught the same thing you did, because your day was rather similar to mine. I started out all peppy and the day was pretty but now it is time for ughishness. Still, tomorrow is another day, and the books will still be there!

Laura said...

OOOg. That sounds like no fun.

About rain: walking home in warm rain is one of the most relaxing things in the world. I love that feeling. But only if you're going home and not, say, on your way to a job interview or something.

Jason said...

Those intense Starbucks drinks often have that affect on me. Anything frapuccino is like asking for a plumbing flush. Sorry for the yuckiness...

Shawn said...

M - Well, today is indeed another day. Your're right about the books, they're still here. It's nice out - but hot - so maybe the pretty girls will be out too! But even if not... like the great Meatloaf says, "...two outta three aint bad."

L - After a few years in Portland, I kind of have a love/hate thing with rain. I like wlaking in it, but a hate seeing it out there... And I would never stoop to using an umbrella.

J - Usually, I'm unfazed by stuff like that. I can drink forty seven coffees, eighteen frappucinos and a couple shots of espresso with barely a buzz, but something hit me wrong. The body isn't electric, it's just effin wierd.