Friday, June 17, 2005

Because life isn't only about being annoyed...

Kids crack me up sometimes. I have three nephews and they can just be downright cute.

Today I was watching my littlest nephew. He sat on big ol' chair with me and we spent about fifteen minutes stacking and moving around imaginary stuff. I'm not sure what it was, but he sure didn't have any problem imagining that it was something real. It cracked him up to take imaginary stuff out of my pile and put it in his pile.

There's usually something in life that's worth smiling about...

5 comments:

The Zombieslayer said...

I love kids. They always want me to scare them though so every time I play with kids, I end up being the monster that they kill and then run from when I come back from the dead.

tshsmom said...

I love the way little kids interpret everyday events. They can only relate to events through their life experiences, which are limited. I wind up seeing life in a whole new perspective. I see life through the eyes of a little one. I consider myself blessed every time this happens!

Jason said...

Fatherhood is the closest to sheer joy that I ever get. not 100 percent, but close enough to recommend to anyone who can truly give it the time it needs.

Jaymie said...

Aww haha. So cute.
My little nephew is turning 3, but it always surprises me at how smart he is. I'm always like, Whoah...you KNOW that...haha.
I love it when i'm sad, and he goes Awww.what's wong aunty Jaymie...don't wowwy it will get bedder...hehe.
I love how they always think outside the box...they just say it.

Miranda said...

Kids are great. On father's day
my dad asked my five-year-old sister to read his father's day card to him. With a smile she obliged, saying
" `cause you don't know how to."