Monday, June 27, 2005

How is it possible...

Seriously, how is it possible to fit this much moisture in the air without a cloud anywhere? I hate this effin humidity... one more reason the Midwest blows. Maybe we'll get a tornado blowing through to cool things off. Give me earthquakes and dry heat anytime...

On a seperate note, I have a bitch with NBC. I got up early because I woke up remembering I forgot to put my garbage out yet again. How retarded can one guy be? I do this every week... no really, every week. Anyway, I was up so I put on Wimbledon coverage on ESPN2. I caught the end of a guys' match and then was watching Sharapova playing Dechy when they have to cut off coverage because NBC had the rights.

I flip over to NBC and low and behold it's Katie Couric telling an inane story about how sad it was to be sending the kids away to camp for two months. First of all, if it's that sad then don't send them away... Jesus, how hard is that to figure out? And two months! Who the fuck sends their kids to camp for that long? Who can afford it? And who's really going to be missing those kids Katie, their nanny? But more important than that is the question of where the hell is the tennis match!?!

Needless to say, I didn't stick around for Al's piece on how to deal with missing your kids when you ship them off to camp...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad NBC is concerned with what's really important in this world.

Also, humidity? Please. Every day I have to walk through a steam bath until about October or so. Florida blows. At least you guys get a winter.

tshsmom said...

Why do people HAVE kids if they don't want to raise them?

Sadie Lou said...

tshsmom~
Exactly. I think some couples have done everything else and then they sit down one day and say to each other, "well...let's do the kid thing."
With already established careers and lifestyles, these parents expect the kid to conform to THEIR schedule instead of being flexible. I see it all the time. They are the ones that bring their baby to adult parties and then wonder why everyone gets irritated having to talk over a screaming baby.
It's like, hello? Stay home or get a sitter.
Sheesh.

Jason said...

I know a couple who leave their kid with Grandma one full week a month, so they're bascially parenting 75% of the time not even counting the 10 hours M-F for daycare. I just can't relate -- I miss my kids when I'm just away at work. Sure, I need some kid-free time, but a little goes a long way. I only got 'em for a few years, after all...

The Zombieslayer said...

I'd rather listen to someone scratch their nails on a chalkboard than Katie Couric.

tshsmom said...

Good attitude Jason!!
When my kids were little they'd occasionally spend the weekend with their grandparents. One night away is great; the second night is TOO MUCH QUIET!

Laurie said...

I don't even have any kids, but I still don't get how you could possibly let someone else raise your children for you. My best friend HAS to leave her fifteen month old with his grandmother every day while she works her part-time job. She had to go back to work, but the cost of day care ate up all the money she'd be making...So she leaves him with her mother in law, and it KILLS her. She hates that her mother in law gets to see most of his firsts, that her mother in law gets to spend all that time with her son...That her mother in law might be teaching her son habits she doesn't want him to know.

So I can't even IMAGINE how ol' KC could ship her kids off for two months. Give me a break. Like tshsmom said, if you don't want them, why did you have them?

Miranda said...

The humidity is bad, but the unkillable bugs are what really makes the midwest terrible.

I'm with Laurie. I don't have kids yet, but I don't think I could
send them away for so long.

Jaymie said...

lol...Tennis fan eh?
I thought people would be singing Hallalejuah (sp?) when they send their kids off!

begins with v said...

hey, thanks for the instructions on the comment thingy--I haven't quite got it to work just yet, but I'm still trying...I've worked on my template before, so I dont' know what is the hold up, but I'll figure it out hopefully. Anyway...Don't you just love the commercials of NBC that sing "Katie, Matt, Al, and Ann" YAY~!!!~~!!~~@!!!#!@!

Shawn said...

I don't know... I grew up with a Mom that gave up working until my brother and I were older so it's hard for me to relate to the idea of anything else.

Of course things were different 'way back then' and my Dad also had a good job so my Mom didn't need to work... Maybe it's much harder now to get by with one income... I don't know since I'm single and don't have that to worry about.

The good news is it sounds like there are at least some good parents out in blogland... so maybe there's hope after all...

The really good news is that I got to see tennis after all... and I watched some more today.