Thursday, June 02, 2005

Some stuff on or around my desk...

Some of the stuff I have sitting within an arm's length of my computer...

  • A talisman I received from a Tibetan Buddhist monk
  • An SD card
  • An 1814 copy of "The History of Prince Lee Boo, a Native of the Palew Islands" by Captain Wilson
  • Foreign coins
  • A parrot feather
  • Shell necklace
  • Buddhist prayer chant




This is by no means all I have scattered around my little office room... but this stuff fit on a flatbed scanner and I was a bit bored. That happens from time to time. Maybe I should do some more pictures... I haven't gone through that phase yet.

What do you see when you look around? Why are those things near you? I don't know, maybe the stuff we keep around ourselves says something about who we are. Then again, maybe it doesn't. The majority of the things I own could disappear tomorrow and, frankly, I would probably be relieved.

6 comments:

Laurie said...

Considering that you have a parrot feather and some Foreign coin booty on your desk, one might jump to the conclusion that you're a pirate.

Argh, Matey!

;)

Shawn said...

Ay... ye'll not be hearin' any argument on that one...

But I'll not have ye thinking I'm one of those patch-wearin', stumpy-legged pirates.

No sir... all the parts are in workin' order here. Well, all but that wee hook for a hand... but it's the left one, so never you mind that...

The Zombieslayer said...

I have a James Lofton bobble-head by my flatbed scanner.

Shawn said...

Bobbleheads rock... and they have the added benefit of befuddling zombies if I'm not mistaken.

joanne said...

I don't have a flatbed scanner, or a digital camera, or a webcam. Nothing. Nada. Goose egg. Oh well. I just post pics other people have taken and send to me. I am boring, what can I say?

As for my desk, it is a disaster area. There is an empty glass, files, unpaid bills, junk mail, my son's legos, a ball of knitting yarn and some needles, a phone and a fax machine on it.

Shawn said...

You're not boring... you rode the yarn bus! You're the only person I've met, virtually or otherwise, who can say that...