Friday, June 03, 2005

Who knows...

There's a bit of that ominous, still feeling in the air. The kind that hangs thicker than the grey clouds filling the sky. It's like the weather hasn't decided which way to go, but it's seriously considering letting loose a downpour.

I've got some videos to watch tonight. I don't really feel like heading out on the town. (And remember, this is West Bend, WI, so I use the word 'town' very loosely.) Do you ever get that way? You know, where you don't want to stay at home, but you don't want to go out and face people? At what point does it change from feeling a bit blah to actually being depressed?

I have been thinking that I would feel much better if I took some of the crap laying around here to the dump. I'm too lazy to have a garage sale and I don't even really feel like seperating out stuff to take down to Goodwill. What I really feel like is a clean sweep. How about that one? You ever get that way? My problem is that I don't get that way enough... stuff starts to accumulate and then it turns into a big task. Well, I do have all weekend...

5 comments:

The Zombieslayer said...

I asked a co-worker what he'd do if someone came up to him and gave him a million dollars. He said sleep for a week. I think I'd sleep for 24 hours. Yes, I totally catch your drift.

Laurie said...

Usually, when I get the urge to clean, I start in my bedroom, and I begin the cleaning in one corner with the inention to work outward from there...And then I get distracted by a magazine or a letter or a CD or something fifteen minutes after I start. Then I usually find myself watching a Home Improvement show on TLC (Like the appropriately named Clean Sweep or Trading Spaces) thinking "I really should be cleaning now." Then I get a snack and continue to watch TV. :)

Shawn said...

That's my life exactly... it's like you have a webcam in my house! You don't do you? 'Cause if you do, then I'm definitely going to stop dancing around nekkid while singing Tiffany songs...

The usual postscript in all my cleaning dramas is that my place is often more messy than before I cleaned up...

joanne said...

Aww, Shawn, you may want to try getting involved in competitive sports. That's really something that has helped me a lot. I play on a tennis team and we have regular practices and league tournaments. It's fun and gets me out of the house. Otherwise, I might stay home all the time too! I bet there are softball teams or something like that you can join? Just a suggestion.

Jason said...

Sounds like you need to shake things up to get out of the doldrums (and what exactly ARE doldrums, anyway?). I don't know about going out on "the town," but maybe some change of pace.