Sunday, June 19, 2005

Nice day...

Wow... it's so nice out I can hardly believe it. I'm going to go for a walk. The start of West Bend's very own River Trail is about a half mile up the street from me, so I think I'll hoof it down there and walk along the trail towards the downtown area.

Being from the West, it's hard to really consider it a trail since it's paved and has cute little benches along the route. A trail to me means dirt and rocks... even the barkdust covered trails in a lot of state parks are suspect. But it's a really nice stretch of river that encompasses a big wetlands area. There are a lot of birds and such, so it's kind of nice.

As you get to the downtown section, you first hit the old West Bend Co. factories. They're left over from the days when they actually made all that cookware here. Now the factories are being gutted and turned into condos and lofts. So far, they look pretty cool.

Once you get to downtown it's kind of fun to just watch for fish. There are some pretty ugly beasts in the river and it's pretty shallow so you can really see them when the sun's not too high and it's not too hot.

Anyway, that's what I'm gonna do.

Steffi... you would like it a lot, it's a bit like the Isar River and the walk from your old place into Bad Tolz. And, by the way, I've been thinking about you a lot lately. Hope you're doing well and life away from the mountains has been good. Tchuss.

2 comments:

Jaymie said...

lol Awww you rock! Do you know how long I had been looking for that song!
thanks :D
Your lucky it's so nice there! It's Fall weather here! It's weird it's June and it's like rainy and cold and windy, yet back in February it was hot and sunny and warm! What's up with that!?!
I'm sorry, I will try and keep up to date with yer blog!!! I'm trying to keep mine up to date as well :S

The Zombieslayer said...

Pics for those who've never been to Milwaukee?