Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Excuse me...

Hey... Any way I could maybe get a bag for all this? Is that a question that really needs to be asked at the local mini mart?

I don't know if this is just something that's happening more commonly or what, but it seems like almost every time I stop a mini mart of any sort I always have to ask for a bag. It doesn't even matter if I just paid for a heaping stack of crap on the counter... it's like these clerks just don't even consider the possibility that I might want something to carry it all in.

I don't know... I just don't get it.

2 comments:

Shawn said...

Ah... shucks... and stuff... :o)

Laurie said...

Take heart...It's not just in your hometown that they're stingy with the bags. Here in PA they forget to ask all the time. I'll have five Kit Kats, four Three Musketeers, a bag of pretzels and a bottle of water and the cashier will just sort of look at me like "Whoa. How're ya gonna carry all that stuff?" But then, when I go in for a half-gallon of milk, they're all "You want a bag for that." Oh, sure, NOW you ask.