Saturday, May 07, 2005

How far behind can I get?

Warning! The Following May Contain Rambling*:

Okay, I admit that I sometimes miss the boat and then defiantly refuse to get on it until the cruise is almost over. Let's just say it was a bit embarrassing to discover that my parents got their first CD before I did...

That said, I love the West Wing. I managed to miss most of it for years, but now I've been reeled in. I blame it on the odd schedule I used to have that prevented me from seeing most of primetime. That and lack of Tivo action. Odd to think there wasn't even a Tivo around at the start of the show...

But I digress. I tuned in because I found out that Winnie was on the show... Yeah, Winnie of The Wonder Years. Anyway, that was the catalyst that started my meltdown into a West Wing rerun netherland from which I have yet to return. I must see them all. Please God, please, send me a marathon!

I've had a few important thoughts while watching West Wing. I'm not going to share those. You get the -- ummm, well -- shallow ones...

1) I've barely seen Winnie at all, but she looks very nice as a grown up. This leads me to wonder who was most crush-worthy... Winnie Cooper or Joey Potter? I'm still up in the air on that one.

2) How come I don't hate Rob Lowe? He's even prettier than Tom Cruise. Yet, I sort of like the guy. I wouldn't even mind hanging out with him. Maybe it's his character that makes him seem cooler... Oh yeah, and the fact that he hasn't moved in on another of my not-so-secret crushes. I hate you Tom Cruise.

3) I would much rather have a fictional Democrat as President than the real, live (well, semi-live) moron currently in office. Is it possible for one man to make me less proud to be an American?

4) Ainsley is downright scorching even though she's not very tall...

5) I've got to get out more often...

* The Surgeon General hasn't weighed in yet... but he could at some point determine that pregnant women and those on heart medication should just ignore my ramblings. It can't be said that I don't care about your health.

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Dude, the West Wing rules! Josiah Bartlett has been my imaginary president for years. How do you think I've made it through the Bush administration?

Sadie Lou said...

Joey Potter. I'm a woman and I still know the difference between the girl next door and the girl you never forget.