Sunday, May 01, 2005

Spring movies suck...

When will the torment end? Please, please, please start the summer blockbuster season early...

I don't even know why I'm holding out any hope for a good run of movies... there's not much on the horizon I'm excited about. Not even the new Star Wars is getting me excited right now. Maybe I'm in a funk... Or maybe there aren't any good movies to see and there aren't going to be any for a while.

I haven't taken the time to check the actual numbers, but I was at a theater the other night and was saddened when I looked down the hall and saw six posters for upcoming and now showing movies and realized that five of the six were either sequels or remakes... And the remakes aren't even of good movies... 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory', 'Herbie the Lovebug' and 'The Longest Yard'... give me a break.

I pointed this out to my brother and he just grunted.

Then I somewhat hopefully said, "At least there's Star Wars."

"Um, that's a sequel too..." he said.

My hopes and dreams of a good movie summer exploded like the first Death Star...

5 comments:

Eileen said...

I haven't seen a movie in ages so I'm starting to get a little jaded, too. I think it was finding out that they were making a "Bewitched" movie that did it for me.

Sadie Lou said...

I'm looking forward to:
The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (great book)
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory ( Come on, Shawn! Were you ever a kid? Gene Wilder? The new one is burton and Depp...get excited. Now!)
Batman Begins
Revenge of the Sith
The Chronicles of Narnia!!!
I agree, the movies coming out right now are lame. I haven't been to the movies in SUCH a long time. *sniff*

Laurie said...

1) I agree with, Shawn, the movies threatening to come out are just okay...But nothing worth me getting my panties in a bunch over.

2) You are one funny blogger. (I especially liked the post in which you decided you'd be speaking French all weekend.)

3) Thankth for thaying my pothst was funny today. :)

Miranda said...

I'm sort of looking forward to Narnia, but dreading a let down as well. I recommend watching older
movies instead. I know it's not the same as watching on a big screen, but, hey.

I recommend "Falling Down."

:P And of course I recommend anything related to Babylon 5. Political Sci-fi Geek that I am.

Sadie Lou said...

Good idea Miranda. Rent some older movies Shawn. Tell me your favorite genre and I'll give you ten movies to rent.
Miranda: Don't worried about The Chronicles of Narnia! The same crew that did The Lord of the Rings is on this project. Fear not! If anything, Narnia will be TOO realistic and not faniful enough.